Welcome, I’m Hansmeet Sethi.
I’ve founded 5 VC-backed and bootstrapped companies, 2 of which were acquired. Along the way I’ve delighted millions of people with Fintech and mobile products.
I write about Fintech and startups. Signup for new essays in your inbox. No spam, ever.
- A Neobank That’s A Bank - How Varo's bank charter will help prove or disprove the Neobank thesis.
- Software Is Relationship Banking - Software has replaced relationship banking as the best way to acquire customers and sell new financial products.
- One Way to Improve Open Finance Apps - Banks need a regulatory push to make our data more accessible and transportable.
- Innovator’s Dilemma at Coinbase - Coinbase faces a dilemma in the battle to own the emerging brokerage layer in crypto.
- Automated Finance Apps Are Eating Deposits - Apps automating personal finance will improve financial health and relegate bank accounts to commodities offering highest yield and lowest fees.
- How to Build a Bank in a Day - Fintech APIs are making it 10x faster and cheaper to bring finance products to market.
- Alexa, Can I Get a Loan? - Finance is shifting from the banks of the gilded age to the design thinking and A/B testing of the apps on your phone and the web.
- Interview with Crypto Gurus - Interview discussing the future of digitized securities and what it means for investors.
- AWS for Finance - Ethereum is poised to become the enabler of a new way of fully digital finance. Just like AWS did for software backends.
- Wyre Podcast - Chat with team at Wyre about what a brokerage will look like in the future.